Oct 14, 2010

Kindle and Social

I am a big fan of Amazon Kindle. I don't own a Kindle, the device, yet. But I have the KIndle Apps installed everything I (or my wife) have. There is just something magical about starting a book on adevice, continuing on another and then finishing it on a 3rd. And all this without trying to remember which page/para I was reading last time.

Amazon has done an amazing job with releasing apps almost every PC/Mac or Mobile platform out there. However, recently, I have been thinking there is something missing in the whole KIndle ecosystem. I have always considered books as a very social thing. People are proud to display their prized (dead Trees) books for the visitors to see. However, right now, there is no good way to do this with the books I for example own in Kindle. Remember, here I am not talking about actually renting the books to my friends for reading; although that would be a amazing feature too. There is a social opportunity around the Kindle or other digital books everybody owns. And since Amazon already has a great e-commerce model, this will be a great addition to let people share what books they own, what books their friends have bought. Lot of the Books are referred and bought by word of mouth between friends and co-workers and people you know. Maybe, there is a opportunity for a startup here.

Anyway, here is what I have in Kindle as of today(lot of them are samples though; I have bought only 5-6 books so far)...


What do you have in your Kindle?

No comments:

Post a Comment